Many organizations today are faced with a talent pool that may not meet their future needs for leadership. Frequently, leaders are surprised when two events occur: 1) a high-performing individual leaves for another job, and there are no ready-now replacements and 2) a new manager or executive fails in his or her assignment. Often, the problem lies in not adequately identifying the employee’s talents and more importantly, not identifying ways that talent could be used in the organization.
Studies have shown that effectively assessing your workforce and planning future moves will lead to having the right talent where and when needed.
– Who are your high-potential leaders, and do the employees and organization know what critical assignments are needed to develop future leaders?
– Are your leadership teams having open and honest communication about individual performance and potential and calibrating it across the organization?
We are certain that the war for talent will place a premium on great employees. Are you ready?
OI Partners is a Trusted Battle Partner for the Talent War
OI Partners is a trusted partner for helping you WIN the war for talent. We work with our clients to help identify:
– The unique cultural needs of their organizations
– The current challenges in their industries
– The skills and talents currently available within their organizations to meet future needs
We provide the most reliable and trustworthy counsel necessary to help you develop a best-practice talent identification and succession planning process.
Effective Talent Identification and Succession Planning Weaponry
OI Partners will help you to assess your current talent identification and succession planning processes. We make recommendations consistent with agreed-upon goals and help implement strategies that identify high-potential leaders and plan for succession in key positions. Tactics may include:
– Reviewing how your organization evaluates talent and sets expectations for performance
– Assessment tools and guided questions developed to fit your organization’s culture and needs to identify high potentials
– Communication and training of managers
– Development and implementation of the performance-potential matrix
– Plans to monitor progress
At OI Partners, our approach is to partner with our clients by first listening, then questioning and only then suggesting tailored approaches to solve talent identification and succession planning challenges. We invite you to discuss with us your needs for a specific position or individual or for a more extensive review of how your organization manages talent. We promise that OI Partners will provide you with a better human experience for a better business outcome.
Call Lifocus today at 401.287.4230 to learn how our leadership consulting services will re-charge your leader development programs!