Executive Coaching Options Available
The principles of executive coaching can be applied in a variety of ways, especially taking advantage of modern communication systems. These have the advantage of removing the need for physical proximity and allowing shorter sessions to be viable. At the other extreme, work shadowing involves longer sessions of joint
- Performance coaching: Coaching activities here are aimed at enhancing an individual’s performance in their current role at work, to increase their effectiveness and productivity at work. Generally, performance coaching derives its theoretical underpinnings and models from business and sports psychology as well as general psychological theory.
- Skills coaching: This form of coaching focuses on the core skills an employee needs to perform in their role. Skills coaching provides a flexible, adaptive, ‘just-in-time’ approach to skills development. Coaching programs are tailored specifically to the individual and are generally focused on achieving a number of skill development objectives that are linked to the needs of the organization.
- Career Coaching: Coaching activities focus on the individual’s career concerns, with the coach eliciting and using feedback on the individual’s capabilities as part of a discussion of career options. The process should lead to increased clarity, personal change and forward action.
- Personal or life coaching: This form of coaching provides support to individuals wishing to make some form of significant changes happen within their lives. Coaches help individuals to explore what they want in life and how they might achieve their aspirations and fulfill their needs. Personal/life coaching generally takes the individual’s agenda as its start point.
- Business coaching: Business coaching is always conducted within the constraints placed on the individual or group by the organizational context.
- Executive coaching: One to one performance coaching is increasingly being recognized as the way for organizations and individuals to improve performance. By improving the performance of the most influential people within the organization, the theory goes that business results should improve. Executive coaching is often delivered by coaches operating from outside the organization whose services are requested for an agreed duration or number of coaching sessions.
- Team facilitation: Coaching in its role as facilitator is particularly valuable during the budget and strategy planning season. And coaching a team before a presentation can dramatically improve performance – as well as self confidence.
- Work shadowing: As well as being a means of identifying an individual’s behavior and performance, work shadowing is an excellent method of getting immediate feedback on behavior, with a discussion of alternative ways of handling future such situations.
- Conventional coaching: Face-to-face, telephone, Skype and email correspondence. From 3 months to 1 year or longer.
- Corporate coaching centers: For a really focused coaching session it pays to get away from the office. Our regional coaching centers provide a smart and convenient environment for concentrated progress.
- Distance coaching: If you are a distance from your coach or wish to work in your own time, then we can support you by telephone, e-mail or instant messaging, with access to our wide range of downloadable Internet resources. These can be one-on-one or within a group conference.
- On-line coaching resources: Learn how to set a well formed outcome or try the Wheel of Life or the Wheel of Work or check your competence in personal effectiveness, managing communications, managing people, your effectiveness as a director, or review the corporate culture of your organization. Both the process and the computer-generated feedback will contribute to your self-awareness.
- Customized to fit the needs of the client. If you would like more information on our services or would like to set up an informational meeting, please call S. Thomas Wharton, Managing Partner at 401.884.7959, Ext 301, or email email@example.com